The Harms Insurance Group is a value based organization committed to understanding the needs of our customers and then providing them with the best insurance solutions to meet those needs. Harms agency believes we can only meet this goal by being honest and ethical in our business practices, developing personal relationships and giving back to the community.
Integrity and Honesty
Our agency will always be honest and ethical in the decisions we make and the business we conduct within the agency and with our clients.
We believe in forming strong personal relationships with our clients and the companies we represent. We feel that the better we know our customers, the better we will be at anticipating their insurance needs.
Giving back to the community is an important part of our belief system. We give both time and money to many different community activities and organizations.
When Ed Ritter started Ritter Insurance Agency in 1984, his wife, Mary, was his only employee and his selection of insurance companies was limited to just one. From those humble beginnings, Ed built the agency up to a Sun Prairie staple by adding long-serving staff, new relationships with select insurance companies, and rounded out his offering of products to include a benefits department.
From the very start, Ed and Ritter Insurance Agency were dedicated to family, the community, and personal relationships with clients.
Matt Harms joined the agency in November 1997 with aspirations of eventually purchasing Ritter Insurance Agency from Ed. His dedication paid off ten years later when Ed decided it was time to turn the agency over. For the first two years, Matt kept nearly everything the same, including staff, the insurance companies the agency works with, and the well-known agency name. His commitment to maintaining a family-first focus and personal relationships with clients and the community mirrored Ed’s vision for the agency.
In January 2009, Matt took a leap of faith and reinvented the agency’s name to reflect his own dedication to the staff, clients, and community. Due to Matt’s high regard for Ed’s business philosophies the transition from Ritter Insurance Agency to Harms Insurance Group was a seamless one. Matt shares Ed’s dedication to giving back to the community and continues to build on that generosity.
Since 2009, the Harms Insurance Group family has continued to grow and evolve to better serve our clients. Our automation is top-notch, and we have added additional staff, companies and services to better care for our clients. This past year has brought Harms Insurance Group into a newly-designed office space in Liberty Square as well as a second location in Lake Mills after a merger with Wendt Insurance Agency. We look forward to assisting our new clients from the Lake Mills area as well as cultivating our current relationships with clients and the community in Sun Prairie and greater Madison.
Trusted Choice® Pledge of Performance
Trusted Choice® agencies are insurance and financial services firms whose access to multiple companies and commitment to quality service enable us to offer our clients competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and unparalleled advocacy.
As a Trusted Choice® agency, we are dedicated to you and are committed to treating you as a person, not a policy. This commitment means we shall:
- Work with you to identify the insurance and financial services that are right for you, your family or your business and use our access to multiple companies to deliver those products.
- Guide you through the claims process for a prompt and fair resolution of your claim. Help you solve problems related to your coverage or account.
- Explain the coverages and options available to you through our agency, at your request.
- Return your phone calls and e-mails promptly and respond to your requests in a timely manner.
- Provide 24/7 services for our customers, offering any or all of the following: emergency phone numbers, Internet account access, e-mail and call center services.
- Use our experience and multiple company relationships to customize your coverage as needed.
- Commit our staff to continuing education so they may be more knowledgeable in serving you.
- Treat you with respect and courtesy.
- Conduct our business in an ethical manner.
We pledge this to you, our clients and ask that you let us know if we fail to meet our commitment, so we may take corrective action.