Selecting individual health insurance is an important decision, but doesn't necessarily have to difficult. Your healthcare needs and preferences will dictate the type of plan that is best for you and you family. There are a variety of health coverage types from which to choose, including PPO, HMO and Health Savings Accounts.
Individual Health Plans
An individual plan is available for individuals and families who do not have group health insurance through an employer. Plan designs with varing benefits and coverage levels are available to fit your family's health care and financial needs.
Individual Dental Plans
The Momentum Platinum and Gold Plans are designed to help individuals and families control their dental care costs. Both plans utilize the Wisconsin Dental Care Provider Network which includes all of the doctors at Dental Health Associates of Madison Dental Group. With 27 providers and 6 locations, you are sure to find an in-network provider.
Delta Dental’s new individual product line combines innovation and affordability. And like every Delta Dental product, our individual plans come with award-winning Delta Dental of Wisconsin service.
Delta Dental makes it easy to purchase individual dental insurance for you and your family.
- The Enhanced Plan works like a dental plan offered by employers, where the individual pays a small percentage of the cost for services and the plan pays the rest. Preventive care is paid for by the plan and is covered at 100%, which means the individual pays nothing for exams, cleanings, x-rays and topical fluoride treatments;
- The Classic Plan works like the Enhanced Plan except the individual pays a small percentage of the cost of every dental service, including preventive care, and the plan pays the rest. Benefits are subject to an annual deductible, and a policy year dollar maximum;
- The Clear Plan is designed to take the guesswork out of dental expenses. Members know before they go to the dentist what their share of the cost of any service will be. There are no deductibles, no waiting periods for benefits to begin, no percentages to worry about and no annual dollar maximums.
Short Term Health Insurance Plans
This is a perfect type of insurance for people that are in transition. It provides comprehensive medical and hospital benefits to help avoid major financial loss in case of a serious accidental or illiness.
It's designed for people that are:
- Recent college graduates
- Between jobs and looking for lower premiums rather than paying high COBRA premiums
- Newly hired employees waiting for benefits to begin
Medicare Supplement Plans
Medicare will provide you with basic coverage but will not cover everything. To help with the gaps you will want to look at a Medicare Supplement Plan.
- Dean Health Plan
- Group Health Cooperative
- Physicians Plus
- Individual Health
- Short Term Health
- Medicare Supplements
- Individual Disability