About Harms Insurance Group
Integrity & Honesty
Our agency will always be honest and ethical in the decisions we make and the business we conduct within the agency and with our clients
We believe in forming strong personal relationships with our clients and the companies we represent. We feel that the better we know our customers, the better we will be at anticipating their insurance needs.
Giving back to the community is an important part of our belief system. We give both time and money to many different community activities and organizations.
Meet Our Team
Ed Ritter starts Ritter Insurance Agency. His only employee was his lovely wife, Mary, and his selection of insurance companies was limited to just one.
From those humble beginnings, Ed and his wife helped to grow Ritter Insurance Agency into a Sun Prairie staple by adding long-serving staff, improved product offerings, and new relationships with insurance companies.
Matt Harms joins Ritter Insurance Agency with a strong work ethic and aspirations of eventually purchasing the company from Ed.
10 years after Matt joined Ritter Insurance Agency, his dedication paid off, and he purchased the company from Ed. His commitment to maintaining a family-first focus and personal relationships with clients and the community mirrored Ed’s vision for the agency, making him a no-brainer for the successor of the company.
After two years of keeping everything the same, Matt decided to reinvent the agency’s name to reflect his own dedication to the staff, clients, and community. Some things remain the same, however, including the business philosophies that Ritter Insurance Agency committed themselves to.
Harms Insurance Group moves into a newly-designed office space in Liberty Square as well as a second location in Lake Mills after a merger with Wendt Insurance Agency.
Looking toward the future, we look to continue to evolve and grow, so that we may better serve our clients. This involves growing our caring staff, as well as the companies we represent.
Don’t worry though; we will always carry with us the same business philosophy that Ed Ritter imparted in us over 35 years ago—to give back to the community, cultivate strong relationships, and above all else, remain honest in everything we do.
Trusted Choice® Pledge of Performance
Trusted Choice® agencies are insurance and financial services firms whose access to multiple companies and commitment to quality service enable us to offer our clients competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and unparalleled advocacy.
As a Trusted Choice® agency, we are dedicated to you and are committed to treating you as a person, not a policy. This commitment means we shall:
- Work with you to identify the insurance and financial services that are right for you, your family, or your business and use our access to multiple companies to deliver those products.
- Guide you through the claims process for a prompt and fair resolution of your claim. Help you solve problems related to your coverage or account.
- Explain the coverages and options available to you through our agency, at your request.
- Return your phone calls and emails promptly, and respond to your requests in a timely manner.
- Provide 24/7 services for our customers, offering any or all of the following: emergency phone numbers, Internet account access, e-mail, and call center services.
- Use our experience and multiple company relationships to customize your coverage as needed.
- Commit our staff to continuing education so they may be more knowledgeable in serving you.
- Treat you with respect and courtesy.
- Conduct our business in an ethical manner.
We pledge this to you, our clients, and ask that you let us know if we fail to meet our commitment, so we may take corrective action.
One of the major components of our belief system is also one of the foundations of our company: Giving back to the community. Check out some of the community activities and organizations we give time and money to, below!
Sun Prairie High School Girls Swimming
Sun Prairie High School Boys Swimming
Now that you’ve met our team and learned a little bit about our company, give us a call! We are eager to work with you.
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday - Sunday